Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Making Giclees

Today for the first time I used the new Epson 3880 to print a giclee on canvas.   It worked great.  I didn't have a scan of the painting, Geri, so I used the file of a photograph I had taken.  The painting was, however, scanned professionally and I should receive the file soon.  I printed on a canvas from the Breathing Color company, a product called LYVE canvas, and am very pleased with the result.  Once it's dry I will varnish it with a UV protection polyurethane coating which should really make the colors pop.

The idea is to print giclees for The Center for Great Apes and Bob Ingersol (Project Nim) to sell with all proceeds going to benefit the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment