Friday, May 22, 2015

This week in Sedona with Abbey Ryan

This last week Karen and I flew to Sedona, Arizona.  What an amazing place.  I attended a five day workshop with Abbey Ryan.  Karen hiked a lot.   We started off last Sunday with a plane ride over the Grand Canyon.  The views were incredible.



Everywhere you look the views are astounding.  This was the view from our hotel room balcony.




After I was finished with workshop on Wednesday, I engaged in a little en plein air brush work.  It's hard to capture landscapes because of the constantly changing light.  This was more of a quick color sketch from which I may expand it into a larger studio painting.


8 x 10", oil on panel.



Here are a few of the paintings I did during the workshop.



Cherry Coke
6 x 8" 
oil on masonite panel





Apricots, Berries and Silver Cup
8 x 6" 
Oil on linen panel




Pear and Blueberry
5 x 7"
oil on Masonite panel




1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how I missed this post. From the high standard of your paintings it was a great workshop. She is a good teacher, yes, but having a talented painter like yourself must have been a pleasure for her too.
    My husband's parents lived in Sedona back before it became so popular and we honeymooned in Oak Creek Canyon - many years ago. Love that place.

    ReplyDelete